Osówka luolasto Wamil

Paikka:

Osówka luolasto Wamil

ID:

048002012

Sijainti:

Kuvaus:

The complex is located inside Osówka Mountain (German: Säuferhöhen) 50°40?22?N 16°25?14?E. It is accessible by tunnel number 1 (120 m) with chambers for guardrooms and tunnel number 2 (456 m), bored 10 m below the level of the main underground, with guardrooms close to completion. Behind them there is a connection of two levels created by the collapse of the ceiling. The structure is a grid of tunnels (1,750 m, 6,700 m2, 30,000 m3) and underground halls, up to 8 m in height. Only 6.9 % is reinforced by concrete.  There is a shaft leading to the surface with a diameter of 6 m (48 m).[ Tunnel number 3 (107 m) is not connected to the complex. It is 500 m away and 45 m below the main underground. It contains two dams and hydraulic equipment of an unknown purpose. 
Above ground are foundations of buildings, machinery, a ramp for transportation of mine cars to different levels, a reservoir of water and depots, some with systems of heating up building materials in winter. The largest structure is a single-storey, concrete building (680 m2, 2,300 m3) with walls 0.5 m thick and roof adapted for camouflage by vegetation (0.6 m). A utility tunnel (1.25 m x 1.95 m, 30 m) was under construction to connect it with the shaft. Another structure of unknown purpose is a concrete monolith (30.9 m x 29.8 m) with tens of pipes, drains and culverts, buried into the rock at least 4.5 m. A narrow gauge railway network connected the tunnels with the railway station in the village of G?uszyca Górna (German: Oberwüstegiersdorf). Since 1996, the complex is open to the public. 

In August 1944, AL Säuferwasser was established for prisoners of concentration camps 50°40?17?N 16°24?50?E. They were Jews, citizens of Poland, Hungary, and Greece. The remains of the camp can still be found in the vicinity of the tunnel number 3. Its evacuation took place in February 1945.

Sijanti kartalla:

Ladataan karttaa..

Kuvat: