Wlodarz luolasto Wamil


Wlodarz luolasto Wamil





The complex is located inside Wlodarz Mountain (German: Wolfsberg) 50°42?8?N 16°25?4?E. It is a grid of tunnels (3,100 m, 10,700 m2, 42,000 m3) and large underground halls, up to 12 m in height. Less than one per cent is reinforced by concrete. It was accessible by four tunnels bored into the base of the mountain with chambers for guardrooms. There is a shaft leading to the surface with diameter 4 m (40 m). Some tunnels have higher, second levels connected by small shafts. This is a stage of building underground halls. Two tunnels were bored, one over the other and then the ceiling was collapsed to create large space. Some parts of the complex are flooded but accessible by boat. From 2004 it is open to visitors.
Above ground are foundations of machinery, numerous unfinished or destroyed buildings, a bunker, two reservoirs of water, and depots of building materials including thousands of fossilized bags of cement. The network of narrow gauge railways, connecting the tunnels with the railway siding in the village of Olszyniec (German: Erlenbusch), was disassembled and scrapped after the war. 
In May 1944, AL Wolfsberg was established 50°42?14?N 16°25?26?E, probably by taking over an existing camp from the Organization Schmelt. About 3,000 concentration camp prisoners lived in tents made of plywood, 3 m in diameter, 20 people in each one and several barracks. They were Jews, mainly from Hungary and Poland, but also from Greece, Czechoslovakia, Germany, and Romania. The ruins of concrete barracks for SS guards can still be found in the vicinity of the camp. Evacuation of the prisoners started in February 1945.
They lived in twelve barracks made of plywood in the vicinity of the tunnel number 3 50°41?12?N 16°24?17?E. Evacuation of the camp took place in February 1945. 

Sijanti kartalla:

Ladataan karttaa..